Pros of a SAAS LMS
- Built for corporate use case (vs. edX for higher-ed)
- Rich set of corporate specific features and integration options
- Good for hierarchical/geographically distributed employee management
- Primarily SAAS model, limited on-prem model
- Out of the box as-is model, advanced customization not available
Open edX gives you your own set of core LMS features out of the box, with the ability for you to customize the platform to really any feature set you want. The trade off is you need to be equipped with a full stack Python development team to correctly customize the platform for your needs.
For a more detailed comparison feature by feature of Schoox vs. Open edX see this document.